They are two oral versions about the foundation of the city. They said, that on the times the land was in the propriety of noblemans, there was a very courageous woman called MOREANCA (the wife of MOREANU). Moreanca defended the land for the migrations people, they were coming from north, with great courage. For hers courage and efficiency in defending the land, the landlord grant her the place which will became Moreni. First write testimony about Moreni was on 18. June 1584 when the King Petru Cercel reinforce the propriety of lady Caplea and hers nephews Badea and Calota , above the villages Draganesti and Moarile . In time the village was taking in possession for the Margineni abbey, and then is separated from the abbey by the reform of the king ALEXANDRU IOAN CUZA. In the same time the Stavropoleos land come into propriety of the peasants who were working the land. The economical and social life of the city was permanently modified, the most important modify was in 1904 when the first oil-derrick was build in the area. First written testimony about Moreni village was with the name Moarile (Mills), because at that time in the area were a lot of mills on Cricovul Dulce river .From 1661 the city is known as Moreni . This area becomes in 1691 the first oil exploitation from Romania, and the third in world. On 17 september 1947, by unifying the two villages Moreni and Stavropoleos , its come into being the town Moreni. On 19 June 2003, by the law no. 259/2003 Moreni its becoming City. In march 2007 Moreni fraternized with Torres Novas, a city located in the district of Santarem, Portugal.
- Prima pagină
- Primăria
- Consiliul Local
- Artă şi cultura
- Mass media
- Istorie
  - Moreni City
  - Moreni Ville
- Ştiri
- Galerie foto
- Galerie video
- Contact